Shadow of the Demon Lord @ Gamezilla RPG night
Chuton is a village of 200 souls in the Northern Reach, near the city of Sixton.
It is predominantly a farming community, but the town stands at a cross roads and is a natural stopping point for travellers. It supports an inn, a blacksmith, and a recently completed church to the New God. There is also a Library, established by the Free Scholars, to give scribes and academics a place to study and write outside of the cities, and also to share ideas freely that might be unwelcome in certain political circles. Thinkers and writers make up a large percentage of visitors to the town.
Chuton landmarks include:
- The Town Hall, where you can generally find Izzy, the mayor.
- The Church of the New God, run by the new deacon, Hüvje, after the terrible death of Father Bert.
- The Open Book, the local inn.
- The Free Scholars Library, run by Mrs Ellis.
- Hero (a worn statue of a man on a horse).
- The Smithy, run by Owen Blacksmith.
- The Apothecary, run by Reisus Wright.
- General Goods Store (selling common items).
- The Rusty Crown, the other Inn.
- The Graveyard, where you will find Havelock the gravedigger.
- The Standing Stones of the Old Gods.
- plus numerous farms, such as the Bailey family farm.
Notable locals include:
- Izzy, town mayor, a go getter who has welcomed the Free Scholars and visitors and artisans of all races; his open door policy has been the cause of much of Chuton's new prosperity;
- Father Bert, priest of the New God, born in the village and returned here after long southern pilgrimage to take up the cloth.
- Blys Acacallis, Chuton's textor and weaver. She does a fine job, too.
- Alaric Clay, Chuton's artificer and engineer.
- Henri, Chuton's faunish scribe.
- Sister Hüvje, the beautiful Deacon who assists Father Bert.
- Nessa the Dwarven bowmaker.
- Reisus Wright, the apothecary.
Local mechanicals include:
- Cutter, Chuton's mechanical woodcutter.
- The Lion, Chuton's mechanical nightwatch.
- Bzzzantine, a mysterious tiny flying clockwork, recently reactivated by Alaric.
Recently an elf that goes by the name of Glint of Moonlight has come to Chuton.
- The Festival of Forgiveness is held annually during the Harvest Moon, and is followed by the Hop Fight.