The tales of woe from our most recent adventures have begun flooding in. From the boot filled adventures of Chrissie hunting Viktus, to the terrifying encounter with wicked fey by Henri and the Lion to Alaric’s Mechanical Misfortune at the railway , we are beset from all sides by tales of torment!
But the whispers of dark forces in Crossings, and wicked things in the forest must wait for a time. Retrieved from the body of Viktus was a commandment to the crusaders of the New God. Chuton has been marked! All citizens are to be put to fire and sword!
The town is in uproar, within the chaos, voices cry out “What now?”
How will you as a community face this threat?
1. NEGOTIATE: “We have nothing to hide. Our town is known for our tolerance, it is the basis of everything we have worked for. We should meet and talk with them, and share all of the information you have gathered. I am sure the Inquisitor will lend his power to our investigation against this terrible evil, once he is assured that we are doing the New God’s work.” – Izzy the Mayor
2. FIGHT: “Talk? With the Swords of Astrid? I’ve tried, they are fanatics! They only understand violence, so that’s what we should give them. Gather arms! Build barricades! They cannot take us. I did not serve in the Empire’s war to bow down before a zealous sect of the church. They are bullies who are used to roughing up farmers, we’ll show them how real warriors fight!” – Waylon the Teamster
3. OUTWIT: “Meet them in pitched battle? Or worse still, appeal to their reason? Foolish! Listen to Blys, and Henri, and the Lion. We need to outwit them. We can fool them that we have dealt with the problem ourselves, we’ll create new evidence, and even set the fey Red Leaf against them. We have books and learning to guide us. We are smarter than these zealots!” – Mrs Ellis, the Librarian
4. EXODUS: “They do not know reason. Their intent is clear, they will attack at once. We must flee with all our goods. They are coming from the south, we must load up our wagons and roll north. Let’s go to Crossings, it is a free city of all creeds, they cannot touch us there. Yes, yes, I know the road there goes through the Barrows, but we have strength in numbers, and our brave heroes to defend us. Merchant caravans travel that road all the time, I’ve done it myself. We must hurry!” – Gert the Grocer
5. HIDE: “The haunted road through the Barrows, are you mad? Listen to what Jack of the Woods says! We must flee west to the forest, travel light, just take what we need. We can build a hidden camp there, the fey will surely help us, we have lived alongside them… I had a dream in which Chuton was empty, but flowers were blooming all around. The Inquisitors dare not enter the woods. Once we are safe, our heroes can venture forth, find the real cause of the demonic plague, and prove our innocence and our piety.” – Mae the Herbalist
It is up to the heroes of Chuton to decide on the wisest course. Cast your vote now, before all is lost!
Please state your choice using one of the five options listed above in CAPITALS in a comment below before midnight Friday 26 May.