Shadow of the Demon Lord @ Gamezilla RPG night
Urth is the world of Shadow of the Demon Lord; see its entry for information on its locations, races and religions. For a high-level overview of the basic assumptions of the game, see The Basics below.
The Player Village
- The Character Generation page has information on creating a character for the campaign.
- The Expanded Character Backgrounds page has deeper options for the players.
- The Things to Bring page discusses what you’ll need to play at the venue.
These are the basic assumptions of the setting of Urth. For more details, check out chapter 8 of the Shadow of the Demon Lord core rulebook; this list is drawn from the overview at the beginning of that chapter, starting on page 149.
- The Gods Are Distant Powers – mortals don’t know for sure that they even exist.
- Hidden Worlds – as well as the mortal world, there are the realms of faerie, Hell, the Underworld and possibly others as well.
- Magic Is Real – it infuses all things, and some know how to wield it.
- Mortals Live Many Lives – when mortals die, their souls travel to the Underworld, to be reborn once they have forgotten their former lives. A soul tainted by corruption travels to Hell to have that corruption painfully scoured away by devils first.
- Science and Technology – current innovations include black powder, clockwork and the beginnings of steam technology.
- The World is Filled with Terrible Monsters – it’s not safe to leave the lights of civilisation.
- The Empire Burns – though it seems far from Chuton, there is great trouble in the human Empire of Caecras.
- The Shadow of the Demon Lord – many believe this evil figure of legend is close to emerging from the Void between worlds, which would surely spell the end of all things.
- See our page on How to edit the wiki
Some of the text on this page is 2015 Schwalb Entertainment. Drawn from source material.