Shadow of the Demon Lord @ Gamezilla RPG night
These are the basic assumptions of the setting of Urth. For more details, check out chapter 8 of the Shadow of the Demon Lord core rulebook; the basic assumptions below are drawn from the list that begins on page 149.
- The Gods Are Distant Powers – mortals don’t know for sure that they even exist.
- Hidden Worlds – as well as the mortal world, there are the realms of faerie, Hell, the Underworld and possibly others as well.
- Magic Is Real – it infuses all things, and some know how to wield it.
- Mortals Live Many Lives – when mortals die, their souls travel to the Underworld, to be reborn once they have forgotten their former lives. A soul tainted by corruption travels to Hell to have that corruption painfully scoured away by devils.
- Science and Technology – current innovations include black powder, clockwork and the beginnings of steam technology.
- The World is Filled with Terrible Monsters – it’s not safe to leave the lights of civilisation.
- The Empire Burns – though it seems far from Chuton, there is great trouble in the human Empire of Caecras.
- The Shadow of the Demon Lord – many believe this evil figure of legend is close to emerging from the Void between worlds, which would surely spell the end of all things.
Some of the text on this page is 2015 Schwalb Entertainment. Drawn from source material.